Places still available for St Albans charity firewalk
- Credit: Archant
It might still be cool underfoot but there is an opportunity to warm up later this month - and raise money for charity at the same time.
Old Albanians are hosting a Fire Walk at Woollams in Harpenden Road, St Albans, on Thursday, March 26, in aid of the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre Charitable Fund
An international quartet of Saracens rugby players joined radiotherapists from the cancer centre to help promote the Fire Walk which invites participants to walk barefoot over 15ft of hot coals.
The players were keen to promote the event but will not be doing it themselves as they have a derby match on the Saturday.
The money raised will go towards providing emotional and practical support from Mount Vernon’s information and support services.
You may also want to watch:
Some places are still available and anyone who would like to take part should contact Liz Hizli on 01923 844455.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images