Places still available for St Albans charity firewalk
- Credit: Archant
It might still be cool underfoot but there is an opportunity to warm up later this month - and raise money for charity at the same time.
Old Albanians are hosting a Fire Walk at Woollams in Harpenden Road, St Albans, on Thursday, March 26, in aid of the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre Charitable Fund
An international quartet of Saracens rugby players joined radiotherapists from the cancer centre to help promote the Fire Walk which invites participants to walk barefoot over 15ft of hot coals.
The players were keen to promote the event but will not be doing it themselves as they have a derby match on the Saturday.
The money raised will go towards providing emotional and practical support from Mount Vernon’s information and support services.
You may also want to watch:
Some places are still available and anyone who would like to take part should contact Liz Hizli on 01923 844455.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge