PICTURE UPDATE: Man falls 25ft from building in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man has been airlifted to hospital after falling 25ft from a building in St Albans this morning (Wednesday).
The man, said to be in his 40s, fell from a building in Ridgmont Road.
He escaped what could have been a very serious accident and was described by a paramedic who arrived at the scene at about 9am as “lucky”.
Paramedic Jim Wood said: “We treated the man for cuts to his head as well as injuries to his hand and ankle.
“He managed to grab hold of something on his way down which staggered his fall so he’s quite lucky that his injuries weren’t more serious.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was airlifted to London’s Whitechapel Hospital due to the nature of his injuries.
The air ambulance arrived shortly after 9am and was joined by a response car, ambulance, and a paramedic officer.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25