Pickpockets attempted to use stolen cards in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Purse-dippers who stole purses from women in Berkhamsted and Tring attempted to use stolen cards at cashpoints and Argos stores in St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Welwyn Garden City, Stevenage and Swiss Cottage in London.
Officers have released CCTV images of people they would like to speak to as part of their inquiries.
All the thefts took place on Wednesday, March 29. A woman’s purse was stolen from her handbag in High Street, Berkhamsted at around 12.30pm (crime reference number D2/17/329).
Between 11.15am and 11.45am, a woman’s purse was stolen from her handbag while she was in the Save the Children shop in High Street, Tring (crime reference number D3/17/209).
Finally, between 11am and 11.10am, a woman’s purse was taken from her handbag in High Street, Tring (crime reference D3/17/207).
You may also want to watch:
The offenders then attempted to use cash cards they had found in the purses at cash points and Argos stores in different locations, including St Albans.
Police are looking to speak to the people pictures as they may have information which could prove useful to the investigation.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Anyone who recognises the people pictured is asked to contact Hertfordshire Constabulary via the non-emergency number 101, quoting the crime reference D3/17/207.