Don’t leave your bag unattended! Police warn shoppers of pickpockets in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers have been issued advice after two women were pickpocketed in St Albans city centre.
One victim was shopping at Tesco Metro on St Peter’s Street at 1.16pm on Monday when her handbag was taken from the child seat of her trolley.
Another victim was between M&S and Barclays Bank at 11.30am on Saturday when her purse was taken from her basket.
Anyone who saw suspicious behaviour in the area around those times has been asked to contact police on 101.
They should use reference number F1/17/5557 for the theft in Tesco, and F1/17/5519 for the purse theft.
Shoppers have been advised to use a handbag they can zip closed, and to not leave bags, purses, bank cards or wallets unattended.
They should be aware of people around them, shield their PIN when shopping or withdrawing cash, and should not give away their PIN.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area