Don’t leave your bag unattended! Police warn shoppers of pickpockets in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers have been issued advice after two women were pickpocketed in St Albans city centre.
One victim was shopping at Tesco Metro on St Peter’s Street at 1.16pm on Monday when her handbag was taken from the child seat of her trolley.
Another victim was between M&S and Barclays Bank at 11.30am on Saturday when her purse was taken from her basket.
Anyone who saw suspicious behaviour in the area around those times has been asked to contact police on 101.
They should use reference number F1/17/5557 for the theft in Tesco, and F1/17/5519 for the purse theft.
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers have been advised to use a handbag they can zip closed, and to not leave bags, purses, bank cards or wallets unattended.
They should be aware of people around them, shield their PIN when shopping or withdrawing cash, and should not give away their PIN.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25