Don’t leave your bag unattended! Police warn shoppers of pickpockets in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers have been issued advice after two women were pickpocketed in St Albans city centre.
One victim was shopping at Tesco Metro on St Peter’s Street at 1.16pm on Monday when her handbag was taken from the child seat of her trolley.
Another victim was between M&S and Barclays Bank at 11.30am on Saturday when her purse was taken from her basket.
Anyone who saw suspicious behaviour in the area around those times has been asked to contact police on 101.
They should use reference number F1/17/5557 for the theft in Tesco, and F1/17/5519 for the purse theft.
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers have been advised to use a handbag they can zip closed, and to not leave bags, purses, bank cards or wallets unattended.
They should be aware of people around them, shield their PIN when shopping or withdrawing cash, and should not give away their PIN.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly