Photo released following suspicious death of London Colney man
DETECTIVES investigating the unexplained death of a London Colney man, whose body was found on Saturday, have released a photo of him, in a bid to work out his last movements.
Daniel Spires, also known as Danny, from Cotlandswick, was found in a wooded area near Bradmore Green, Brookmans Park.
The 69-year-old’s body was found by a member of the public, at around 1.45pm. It is believed he may have died a number of months ago.
An initial post mortem has proved inconclusive.
Officers are now trying to piece together his last movements to try and establish what happened to him.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Ross, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “We are releasing a photo of Danny in the hopes it will help jog someone’s memory about where they might have seen him last. It is possible they know him by sight rather than by name, as he is a long-established Hertfordshire resident.
“It may also help someone remember some information about him which could be vital to our investigation.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
“If you are one of these people and you have not already spoken to police, I would strongly encourage you to get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.