PHOTO GALLERY: Chile train at Arsenal grounds before Brazil clash
- Credit: Archant
Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli admitted his team would face a challenging game with Brazil today (Sunday), particularly against the likes of Neymar.
Speaking to a large throng of reporters from Chile, and a couple from Brazil, at Arsenal’s training base in London Colney yesterday, Sampaoli said Neymar “is difficult for us”.
As Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez and his Chile team-mates trained a second time at the rural setting a day before the friendly international being hosted at the Gunners’ Emirates stadium, Sampaoli held a press conference.
Speaking through an interpreter, he described Neymar as an elite player, adding that he could run and score “at any given moment and he has always caused us problems as a player”.
The Chile coach went on: “Brazil are very strong at the moment; they are doing really well, beating France in France [3-1].”
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that, considering that Chile had lost its friendly to Iran [2-0] on Thursday, it appeared that Brazil was in better form.
But he praised Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez as one of the top footballers in the world, and an “amazing athlete”.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Sampaoli also praised the Gunners’ training centre, saying that while his players had been practicing in “very cold conditions, the grounds are top quality – it’s a great place to work and train in”.
• Brazil v Chile Emirates Stadium today (Sunday) 3pm