PHOTO GALLERY: Chile train at Arsenal grounds before Brazil clash
- Credit: Archant
Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli admitted his team would face a challenging game with Brazil today (Sunday), particularly against the likes of Neymar.
Speaking to a large throng of reporters from Chile, and a couple from Brazil, at Arsenal’s training base in London Colney yesterday, Sampaoli said Neymar “is difficult for us”.
As Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez and his Chile team-mates trained a second time at the rural setting a day before the friendly international being hosted at the Gunners’ Emirates stadium, Sampaoli held a press conference.
Speaking through an interpreter, he described Neymar as an elite player, adding that he could run and score “at any given moment and he has always caused us problems as a player”.
The Chile coach went on: “Brazil are very strong at the moment; they are doing really well, beating France in France [3-1].”
You may also want to watch:
He admitted that, considering that Chile had lost its friendly to Iran [2-0] on Thursday, it appeared that Brazil was in better form.
But he praised Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez as one of the top footballers in the world, and an “amazing athlete”.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
Sampaoli also praised the Gunners’ training centre, saying that while his players had been practicing in “very cold conditions, the grounds are top quality – it’s a great place to work and train in”.
• Brazil v Chile Emirates Stadium today (Sunday) 3pm