PHOTO GALLERY: Arsenal fan meets Alexis Sanchez ahead of Premier League clash
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
A local boy was chosen from over 33,000 junior Gunners to be Arsenal’s mascot for their Premier League win over Everton last Sunday.
Miles Key, 10, of Shenley, led the team - which trains at London Colney - out onto the pitch for the kick-off at Emirates Stadium.
He also met some of the players from the first team squad including Arsenal captain on the day, Santi Cazorla, goal scorer Olivier Giroud as well as Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Laurent Koscielny and his favourite Arsenal player, Theo Walcott.
Miles said: “I loved greeting the players as they got off the bus; I even got to shake Arsene Wenger’s hand.
“When I went in the dressing room all the players signed my Arsenal shirt and I got some great pictures with them all. My favourite is my picture with Theo.”
The boy’s father, Gavin, added: “Arsenal staff treated us like VIPs, and it was an amazing experience. I was immensely proud seeing Miles lead the team out on Sunday. I can’t stop watching it again and again on Match of the Day!”
Arsenal ended up beating Everton 2-0.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 7 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
In addition to being in with a chance to be a match day mascot, the junior Gunners is a great way for children to make new friends.
Junior Gunner membership is open to young fans, from babies to teenagers up to the age of 16.
To become a member, call 0844 277 3625 or sign up through http://alwaysaheadofthegame.com/junior
• Arsenal take on Queens Park Rangers in the Premier League tonight (Wednesday) at Loftus Road Stadium, 7.45pm