Photo galleries: Arsenal training at London Colney ahead of Besiktas clash
- Credit: Archant
Before landing in Turkey for their Champions League play-off match with Besiktas, the Gunners were hard at work at their London Colney training grounds yesterday (Monday).
The players, who live in or near the village, made their final preparations before flying out to Istanbul for their first-leg match against the Turkish side.
Herts Ad photographer Danny Loo said the team looked relaxed, seemed to be in a positive mood and were joking around during training.
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, giving the latest team news ahead of tonight’s game, said that Kieran Gibbs had been left at home, because of a hamstring injury.
Yaya Sanogo has also stayed back because he has a “little” hamstring problem.
Arsène said that Arsenal’s 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday (16) was the ideal way to prepare for their Champions League qualifier against Besiktas.
The Gunners face their Turkish opponents in the play-off round for the second year running tonight as they aim to secure their place in the group stages for a 17th successive season.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
• Besiktas V Arsenal, tonight (Tuesday) 7.45pm