Photo galleries: Arsenal training at London Colney ahead of Besiktas clash
- Credit: Archant
Before landing in Turkey for their Champions League play-off match with Besiktas, the Gunners were hard at work at their London Colney training grounds yesterday (Monday).
The players, who live in or near the village, made their final preparations before flying out to Istanbul for their first-leg match against the Turkish side.
Herts Ad photographer Danny Loo said the team looked relaxed, seemed to be in a positive mood and were joking around during training.
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, giving the latest team news ahead of tonight’s game, said that Kieran Gibbs had been left at home, because of a hamstring injury.
Yaya Sanogo has also stayed back because he has a “little” hamstring problem.
You may also want to watch:
Arsène said that Arsenal’s 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday (16) was the ideal way to prepare for their Champions League qualifier against Besiktas.
The Gunners face their Turkish opponents in the play-off round for the second year running tonight as they aim to secure their place in the group stages for a 17th successive season.
- 1 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 2 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 3 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 4 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Acorns Day Nursery decision revealed by Oaklands College bosses
- 10 7 ways to get spiders out of your home
• Besiktas V Arsenal, tonight (Tuesday) 7.45pm