Peter Rabbit adventure area plans for Willows Farm in London Colney released
- Credit: Archant
Peter Rabbit fans can now see how the finished version of a new theme adventure play area will look in London Colney, with construction plans released to the public.
A fortnight ago Willows Activity Farm, Coursers Road in London Colney, announced plans for a “Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground”, a world first which will open in April 2016.
This coincides with next year’s 150th anniversary celebrations of the birth of Beatrix Potter.
It is centred on the stars of the animated CBeebies series, and is the first Peter Rabbit themed adventure area of its kind.
Plans show that the playground will be 1,400 square metres in size, and is aimed at active, imaginative and wholesome play for visiting children.
You may also want to watch:
It will have ten activities themed around the world-famous and much-loved Peter Rabbit characters, including a Mrs Tiggy-Winkle kitchen, Jeremy Fisher musical pond and Benjamin Bunny treetop adventure.
The centrepiece will be Peter Rabbit’s secret treehouse, built around a 100 year old ash tree at Willows.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Over £1 million is being invested at the popular farm attraction to construct the major new play area, with pre-construction work already underway, and building expected to start next month.
Willows’ chief executive, Andrew Wolfe, said the farm is keen to integrate the new play activities with the natural environment at the attraction.
He said: “We have invested over £1 million in this development. That includes the planned area as well as the branding and re-theming of some existing areas on the site.”
Thomas Merrington of Silvergate Media, co-producers and global licensing agent of the hit CGI animated TV series, said: “This will be the first of its kind in the world and the plans look fantastic – I know that Peter Rabbit fans will absolutely love it.”