Peter Rabbit adventure area plans for Willows Farm in London Colney released
- Credit: Archant
Peter Rabbit fans can now see how the finished version of a new theme adventure play area will look in London Colney, with construction plans released to the public.
A fortnight ago Willows Activity Farm, Coursers Road in London Colney, announced plans for a “Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground”, a world first which will open in April 2016.
This coincides with next year’s 150th anniversary celebrations of the birth of Beatrix Potter.
It is centred on the stars of the animated CBeebies series, and is the first Peter Rabbit themed adventure area of its kind.
Plans show that the playground will be 1,400 square metres in size, and is aimed at active, imaginative and wholesome play for visiting children.
It will have ten activities themed around the world-famous and much-loved Peter Rabbit characters, including a Mrs Tiggy-Winkle kitchen, Jeremy Fisher musical pond and Benjamin Bunny treetop adventure.
The centrepiece will be Peter Rabbit’s secret treehouse, built around a 100 year old ash tree at Willows.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
Over £1 million is being invested at the popular farm attraction to construct the major new play area, with pre-construction work already underway, and building expected to start next month.
Willows’ chief executive, Andrew Wolfe, said the farm is keen to integrate the new play activities with the natural environment at the attraction.
He said: “We have invested over £1 million in this development. That includes the planned area as well as the branding and re-theming of some existing areas on the site.”
Thomas Merrington of Silvergate Media, co-producers and global licensing agent of the hit CGI animated TV series, said: “This will be the first of its kind in the world and the plans look fantastic – I know that Peter Rabbit fans will absolutely love it.”