Duck ruffles feathers in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
A pet duck waddled through The Maltings this afternoon on its way to the park.
Buds is a 26-week-old Gressingham duck owned by Penny and Terry Corp.
The white duck wearing a red scarf attracted lots of attention from passers-by this lunchtime.
Penny, who works in a school, acquired the eggs for a school project in March and Buds has now become a family pet.
She said: "I hatched five of them and we kept her. We have them for educational purposes."
You may also want to watch:
Originally she was called Buddy as the couple thought she was a boy.
"Buds thinks she's a human. She's not interested in other birds."
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Terry told the Herts Ad that his duck likes swimming in the waters near Ye Olde Fighting Cocks - and he sometimes joins her.
"We get funny looks - some think it's weird and some people think it's fantastic."
If you want to find something a bit different in The Maltings this summer, this might just fit the bill.