Person hospitalised following house fire in Harpenden
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
An adult has been hospitalised following a house fire in Harpenden.
Fire crews from Harpenden, St Albans and Markyate were called to a mid terrace house in Longfield Road.
The property was said to be well alight when the fire service arrived at around 8.15am.
A man was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital via ambulance with burns to his hands and neck.
It is thought his injuries are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The crews extinguished the blaze with one jet and hosereel at around 9am.
An investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans