Person hospitalised following house fire in Harpenden
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
An adult has been hospitalised following a house fire in Harpenden.
Fire crews from Harpenden, St Albans and Markyate were called to a mid terrace house in Longfield Road.
The property was said to be well alight when the fire service arrived at around 8.15am.
A man was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital via ambulance with burns to his hands and neck.
It is thought his injuries are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The crews extinguished the blaze with one jet and hosereel at around 9am.
An investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans