Pensioner found dead at St Albans home after gas leak

A man, believed to be in his 80s, has been found dead at his home in St Albans.

A man, believed to be in his 80s, has been found dead at his home in St Albans. - Credit: Archant

A pensioner was found dead at his home in St Albans yesterday (9) after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded which triggered concerns about his welfare.

A neighbour entered the house in London Road and found a gas leak and an uncoscious man. Fire, police and ambulance services were called to the house at around 8.15pm and the man, said to be in his 80s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is believed he did not die as a result of the gas leak but had died some time before.

The death is not being treated as suspicious and the case has been passed on to the coroner.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter