Pensioner found dead at St Albans home after gas leak

PUBLISHED: 11:10 10 November 2014 | UPDATED: 11:10 10 November 2014

A man, believed to be in his 80s, has been found dead at his home in St Albans.

A man, believed to be in his 80s, has been found dead at his home in St Albans.

Archant

A pensioner was found dead at his home in St Albans yesterday (9) after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded which triggered concerns about his welfare.

A neighbour entered the house in London Road and found a gas leak and an uncoscious man. Fire, police and ambulance services were called to the house at around 8.15pm and the man, said to be in his 80s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is believed he did not die as a result of the gas leak but had died some time before.

The death is not being treated as suspicious and the case has been passed on to the coroner.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser