Paul's Ironman spirit boosts charity coffers
PAUL Parrish is not a man to shirk a challenge – even when it is swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then running a full marathon of 26.2 miles. The director of fundraising at Grove House has just completed the infamous Ironman UK Challenge – the lo
PAUL Parrish is not a man to shirk a challenge - even when it is swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then running a full marathon of 26.2 miles.
The director of fundraising at Grove House has just completed the infamous Ironman UK Challenge - the longest single-day endurance event in the UK.
Paul spent many months in training for the event and in the process has raised thousands of pounds for Grove House.
Speaking after the event, he said: "I wanted to set myself a real challenge. Every week I see supporters of Grove House spending so many precious hours of their time organising fundraising events on behalf of our work and I wanted to join with them in raising funds on a personal level.
You may also want to watch:
"I know how committed this community is to supporting the work that we do here and the least I can do is show some solidarity with the wonderfully generous people of St Albans and Harpenden.
"Will I do it again? Yes, for as long as there's a need to raise funds for Grove House I will be there raising money on both a professional and personal basis.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
"I see the work that is done here each day and a day's discomfort completing the Ironman is a small price to pay for the amazing services Grove House provides."
If you would like to sponsor Paul you still can by visiting www.justgiving.com/paulsironman2009