Paul's Ironman spirit boosts charity coffers
PAUL Parrish is not a man to shirk a challenge – even when it is swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then running a full marathon of 26.2 miles. The director of fundraising at Grove House has just completed the infamous Ironman UK Challenge – the lo
PAUL Parrish is not a man to shirk a challenge - even when it is swimming 2.4 miles, cycling 112 miles and then running a full marathon of 26.2 miles.
The director of fundraising at Grove House has just completed the infamous Ironman UK Challenge - the longest single-day endurance event in the UK.
Paul spent many months in training for the event and in the process has raised thousands of pounds for Grove House.
Speaking after the event, he said: "I wanted to set myself a real challenge. Every week I see supporters of Grove House spending so many precious hours of their time organising fundraising events on behalf of our work and I wanted to join with them in raising funds on a personal level.
You may also want to watch:
"I know how committed this community is to supporting the work that we do here and the least I can do is show some solidarity with the wonderfully generous people of St Albans and Harpenden.
"Will I do it again? Yes, for as long as there's a need to raise funds for Grove House I will be there raising money on both a professional and personal basis.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
"I see the work that is done here each day and a day's discomfort completing the Ironman is a small price to pay for the amazing services Grove House provides."
If you would like to sponsor Paul you still can by visiting www.justgiving.com/paulsironman2009