Partying streets ahead in St Albans
A MASSIVE street party is in full swing in the heart of St Albans as hundreds of visitors enjoy entertainment, stalls and more in celebration of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Rain held off for the start of today’s, Monday June 4, fun day, much to the relief of those dining al fresco in St Peter’s Street, which has been closed to traffic for the event.
Among the hundreds of party-goers are the Finley and Finley-Kensett families, who bought a curry from stalls selling food along the street for lunch.
Maria Stagg, of St Albans, dressed Tommy, her friendly Whippet, in Union Jack attire for the special occasion.
She said: “I like to support local endeavours.”
You may also want to watch:
Royal Jubilee celebrations in the city centre started at noon and end tonight at about 10pm with the lighting of a beacon and short fireworks display.
St Albans is officially Herts’ party central with 95 street parties planning over the long weekend.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital