Parkinson’s charity looking for new leader
A CHARITY with more than 350 members is looking for a new person to take the helm. Russell Willson, a management consultant for London Underground, has been chairman of the West Herts branch of the Parkinson s Disease Society for the past four years. He i
A CHARITY with more than 350 members is looking for a new person to take the helm.
Russell Willson, a management consultant for London Underground, has been chairman of the West Herts branch of the Parkinson's Disease Society for the past four years.
He is resigning at the annual meeting in February for domestic reasons and a volunteer is being sought to take over the role.
Said spokesman Dennis Read: "Under his stewardship the branch has grown into possibly the largest and best-run in the country, covering a whole swathe of West Herts.
"Its catchment area includes Hertsmere, Dacorum, Watford and St Albans with a membership of 350-plus. His negotiating skills and firm leadership will not be easy to replace."
Volunteers are also needed for the posts of secretary, membership secretary and committee members.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
All expenses will be paid and the posts will require two hours a month on average. Anyone interested in joining an organisation that cares for and helps all Parkinson's sufferers in their district should contact Russell on 01923 221681 or Sarah on 01582 764695.