Park Street woman’s death ruled as suicide
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two took her own life following a history of depression and anxiety, a coroner ruled last Wednesday.
Samantha Pennthomas, of Birchwood Way in Park Street, was found slumped over a coffee table by her husband Robert on June 7 this year.
An inquest heard the 47-year-old had gone downstairs in the middle of the night, which was not uncommon as she often had trouble sleeping.
Her husband found her unresponsive the following morning and called emergency services but nothing could be done to save her.
The housewife had previously been diagnosed with skin cancer and had an ongoing battle with depression for which she was taking medication.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Coroner for Hertfordshire Edward Solomons ruled the death as suicide.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads