Park Street woman’s death ruled as suicide
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two took her own life following a history of depression and anxiety, a coroner ruled last Wednesday.
Samantha Pennthomas, of Birchwood Way in Park Street, was found slumped over a coffee table by her husband Robert on June 7 this year.
An inquest heard the 47-year-old had gone downstairs in the middle of the night, which was not uncommon as she often had trouble sleeping.
Her husband found her unresponsive the following morning and called emergency services but nothing could be done to save her.
The housewife had previously been diagnosed with skin cancer and had an ongoing battle with depression for which she was taking medication.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Coroner for Hertfordshire Edward Solomons ruled the death as suicide.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans