Park Street village hall holds open day
- Credit: Archant
Park Street village hall has held its third open day to showcase a new sprung floor, which boasts underfloor heating, built with a grant from Sport England.
St Stephen parish council chairman Cllr Mick Freeman unveiled a plaque marking the improvements, alongside members of the village hall management committee: Eve Brown, Barbara Vernon, Dick Downs, Rosemary Ennis, Paul Ennis, Chris Brown, and Pauline Sangers.
After the unveiling a series of events showcasing some of the many activities available at the hall were enjoyed by members of the public.
Cakes and drinks were provided free all day, courtesy of the How Wood wives group.
Dick Downs said: “All in all, it was a very successful day.”
You may also want to watch:
A hall was initially built in 1936 for the communities of Park Street, Frogmore and Colney Street, when the village was primarily in an agricultural area.
For more information and details on upcoming events see the website.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward