Park Street village hall holds open day
- Credit: Archant
Park Street village hall has held its third open day to showcase a new sprung floor, which boasts underfloor heating, built with a grant from Sport England.
St Stephen parish council chairman Cllr Mick Freeman unveiled a plaque marking the improvements, alongside members of the village hall management committee: Eve Brown, Barbara Vernon, Dick Downs, Rosemary Ennis, Paul Ennis, Chris Brown, and Pauline Sangers.
After the unveiling a series of events showcasing some of the many activities available at the hall were enjoyed by members of the public.
Cakes and drinks were provided free all day, courtesy of the How Wood wives group.
Dick Downs said: “All in all, it was a very successful day.”
You may also want to watch:
A hall was initially built in 1936 for the communities of Park Street, Frogmore and Colney Street, when the village was primarily in an agricultural area.
For more information and details on upcoming events see the website.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe