Park Street primary school vandalised
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has fallen victim to vandalism in an attack on the building between Monday (17) and Tuesday (18).
Offensive messages and pictures were written over How Wood Primary School’s building, windows and recently installed wooden pergola between 2.50am on Monday and 6.55am on Tuesday.
The graffiti was written in marker pen and white gloss paint.
Police are appealing for witnesses. PC Donna Horwood said: “This is an upsetting crime which has caused a great deal of dismay to the school community and left them with a substantial repair bill.
“I am keen to catch those responsible as soon as possible and am appealing for anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
“Do you recall a family member coming home with unexplained white paint on their hands or clothing? Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Horwood via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season