Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
- Credit: Carol Hardy
A woman from Park Street is asking people to stop feeding her horses as it can and does result in their deaths.
Carol Hardy keeps horses, Sandy and Casper, in the field on Park Street Lane, by the M25 bridge.
She said that though the horses love seeing people, they are both in their twenties and need to follow a simple diet.
Adding: "Could I please ask that you don't feed them or throw food over the fence for them to eat? Some food can make them very unwell, and some has the potential to kill them. A well meaning person had thrown over some chopped broccoli.
"They are very well fed. In fact, the vet who saw them for their vaccinations said they are far too fat and must go on a diet.
You may also want to watch:
"Please help us to keep them safe and healthy by not feeding them. Thank you."
- 1 Drive-in cinema, comedy and music coming to Hertfordshire Showground
- 2 New community hub set to become a reality at last
- 3 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 4 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 5 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 6 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 7 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 8 Work set to begin on new Clarence Park playground
- 9 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 10 MP discusses vaccine programme and impact of lockdown in virtual Q&A