Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
- Credit: Carol Hardy
A woman from Park Street is asking people to stop feeding her horses as it can and does result in their deaths.
Carol Hardy keeps horses, Sandy and Casper, in the field on Park Street Lane, by the M25 bridge.
She said that though the horses love seeing people, they are both in their twenties and need to follow a simple diet.
Adding: "Could I please ask that you don't feed them or throw food over the fence for them to eat? Some food can make them very unwell, and some has the potential to kill them. A well meaning person had thrown over some chopped broccoli.
"They are very well fed. In fact, the vet who saw them for their vaccinations said they are far too fat and must go on a diet.
You may also want to watch:
"Please help us to keep them safe and healthy by not feeding them. Thank you."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield