Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
- Credit: Carol Hardy
A woman from Park Street is asking people to stop feeding her horses as it can and does result in their deaths.
Carol Hardy keeps horses, Sandy and Casper, in the field on Park Street Lane, by the M25 bridge.
She said that though the horses love seeing people, they are both in their twenties and need to follow a simple diet.
Adding: "Could I please ask that you don't feed them or throw food over the fence for them to eat? Some food can make them very unwell, and some has the potential to kill them. A well meaning person had thrown over some chopped broccoli.
"They are very well fed. In fact, the vet who saw them for their vaccinations said they are far too fat and must go on a diet.
You may also want to watch:
"Please help us to keep them safe and healthy by not feeding them. Thank you."
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities