Parish councillor resigns from position
- Credit: Archant
A parish councillor has resigned from his position working with the local authority.
Colney Heath Parish Council confirmed that on February 11, Mark Ouzman handed in his resignation letter.
It is unclear what prompted this decision, although the Herts Ad has tried to contact him.
There is now one vacancy on the eight-person council, but parish clerk Lisa Chaplin hopes the position will be filled in May at the scheduled elections.
The other councillors include Kevin Barnes, Peter Cook, Derrick Crump, Susan Devi, Iain Grant, Margaret Nash, and Russell Solts. Councillors Jamie Day and Chris Brazier also represent Colney Heath ward at St Albans district council.
You may also want to watch:
An election will take place on May 2 for the parish council seats, alongside a vote for the district council.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team