Parish councillor resigns from position
- Credit: Archant
A parish councillor has resigned from his position working with the local authority.
Colney Heath Parish Council confirmed that on February 11, Mark Ouzman handed in his resignation letter.
It is unclear what prompted this decision, although the Herts Ad has tried to contact him.
There is now one vacancy on the eight-person council, but parish clerk Lisa Chaplin hopes the position will be filled in May at the scheduled elections.
The other councillors include Kevin Barnes, Peter Cook, Derrick Crump, Susan Devi, Iain Grant, Margaret Nash, and Russell Solts. Councillors Jamie Day and Chris Brazier also represent Colney Heath ward at St Albans district council.
You may also want to watch:
An election will take place on May 2 for the parish council seats, alongside a vote for the district council.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier