Parish councillor resigns from position
- Credit: Archant
A parish councillor has resigned from his position working with the local authority.
Colney Heath Parish Council confirmed that on February 11, Mark Ouzman handed in his resignation letter.
It is unclear what prompted this decision, although the Herts Ad has tried to contact him.
There is now one vacancy on the eight-person council, but parish clerk Lisa Chaplin hopes the position will be filled in May at the scheduled elections.
The other councillors include Kevin Barnes, Peter Cook, Derrick Crump, Susan Devi, Iain Grant, Margaret Nash, and Russell Solts. Councillors Jamie Day and Chris Brazier also represent Colney Heath ward at St Albans district council.
You may also want to watch:
An election will take place on May 2 for the parish council seats, alongside a vote for the district council.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign