Mums of twins in Harpenden set up support network
- Credit: Archant
Two Harpenden women have set up a group for mums of twins – and more than 26 sets of twins have signed up and go along to group gatherings.
Organisers Amelia Bond and Charlotte Kelsall met in Sainsbury's in town with their twins about two years ago.
Now, a Whatsapp group has been set up to them to arrange social events, give twin parenting tips and share stories, and has a growing membership.
Amelia said: "Having twins is rather challenging, especially at the very beginning so knowing there's others out there going through the same as you is so helpful!
"It's mad there's so many sets of twins just in Harpenden! After we met, we set up the group and then added ourselves and other twin mums we knew. It is such a good way of supporting each other.
"Now whenever we or anyone in the group meets a new mum twin from Harpenden, they get added! Anyone can join in."
For more information visit the 'Harpenden Twins' Facebook page.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by