Mums of twins in Harpenden set up support network
- Credit: Archant
Two Harpenden women have set up a group for mums of twins – and more than 26 sets of twins have signed up and go along to group gatherings.
Organisers Amelia Bond and Charlotte Kelsall met in Sainsbury's in town with their twins about two years ago.
Now, a Whatsapp group has been set up to them to arrange social events, give twin parenting tips and share stories, and has a growing membership.
Amelia said: "Having twins is rather challenging, especially at the very beginning so knowing there's others out there going through the same as you is so helpful!
"It's mad there's so many sets of twins just in Harpenden! After we met, we set up the group and then added ourselves and other twin mums we knew. It is such a good way of supporting each other.
You may also want to watch:
"Now whenever we or anyone in the group meets a new mum twin from Harpenden, they get added! Anyone can join in."
For more information visit the 'Harpenden Twins' Facebook page.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall