St Albans mum goes viral after posting a video walking her pet tortoise
- Credit: Archant
A video of a St Albans woman taking her pet tortoise for a walk during the coronavirus shutdown has gone viral.
Jill Priest of Jennings Road said the filming had started out as a laugh with her friend.
Jill explained: “It came about from a conversation with a friend who said her dog was helping her to get out once a day. I joked that because I don’t have a dog and still want to go out that I would have to walk my tortoise, Petal, as my one daily exercise trip.”
Jill’s friend said she would love to see a video of that so she carefully placed some string in the shot and pretended to be walking the creature.
The mum-of-two said she cannot believe how much interest the footage has had.
You may also want to watch:
Currently it has had 1.86 million views on Facebook and 9.7 thousand on It’s Gone Viral.
Jill added: “A lot of people have tagged their friends who don’t like exercise and some who have tortoises.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“It has mainly had people liking it and sharing it. It was exciting to start with but I have realised that I would not like being a celebrity as I don’t really like all the attention.
“I am glad I have been able to cheer people up with this at such a tricky time.”
Jill is an actor with OVO theatre company in St Albans, and also works as a volunteer with hedgehogs at The London Colney Hedgehog Rescue.