St Albans mum goes viral after posting a video walking her pet tortoise
- Credit: Archant
A video of a St Albans woman taking her pet tortoise for a walk during the coronavirus shutdown has gone viral.
Jill Priest of Jennings Road said the filming had started out as a laugh with her friend.
Jill explained: “It came about from a conversation with a friend who said her dog was helping her to get out once a day. I joked that because I don’t have a dog and still want to go out that I would have to walk my tortoise, Petal, as my one daily exercise trip.”
Jill’s friend said she would love to see a video of that so she carefully placed some string in the shot and pretended to be walking the creature.
The mum-of-two said she cannot believe how much interest the footage has had.
Currently it has had 1.86 million views on Facebook and 9.7 thousand on It’s Gone Viral.
Jill added: “A lot of people have tagged their friends who don’t like exercise and some who have tortoises.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
“It has mainly had people liking it and sharing it. It was exciting to start with but I have realised that I would not like being a celebrity as I don’t really like all the attention.
“I am glad I have been able to cheer people up with this at such a tricky time.”
Jill is an actor with OVO theatre company in St Albans, and also works as a volunteer with hedgehogs at The London Colney Hedgehog Rescue.