Opportunity to meet Santa at St Albans City Station
- Credit: Archant
Weary commuters may be surprised to find Santa joining them this festive season.
Father Christmas will be visiting four stations on Govia Thameslink Railway’s Thameslink and Great Northern routes - including St Albans City Station.
Children can meet Saint Nick in the concourse, hand over their present list and get an early sweetie present from the man himself.
Passenger services director Stuart Cheshire said: “I ho-ho-hope that Santa’s special visits and our Christmas poster competition will bring festive cheer to our many passengers.”
Stuart has also invited local schools to submit entries for a drawing competition, with prizes of £30 and £10 shopping vouchers and art materials.
You may also want to watch:
Winning pieces will be displayed as posters in the stations. Deadline for entries is December 4, submitted to the station. Santa will be around on December 15 from 4pm to 7pm.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor