Opportunity to meet Santa at St Albans City Station
- Credit: Archant
Weary commuters may be surprised to find Santa joining them this festive season.
Father Christmas will be visiting four stations on Govia Thameslink Railway’s Thameslink and Great Northern routes - including St Albans City Station.
Children can meet Saint Nick in the concourse, hand over their present list and get an early sweetie present from the man himself.
Passenger services director Stuart Cheshire said: “I ho-ho-hope that Santa’s special visits and our Christmas poster competition will bring festive cheer to our many passengers.”
Stuart has also invited local schools to submit entries for a drawing competition, with prizes of £30 and £10 shopping vouchers and art materials.
You may also want to watch:
Winning pieces will be displayed as posters in the stations. Deadline for entries is December 4, submitted to the station. Santa will be around on December 15 from 4pm to 7pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant