Opera singer's grand opening in St Albans
SINGER Lesley Garrett has joined in the anniversary celebrations of a St Albans recycling firm. The Pearce Group on Acrewood Way have been recycling for 140 years and to mark the achievement the company invited the popular opera singer along to a special
SINGER Lesley Garrett has joined in the anniversary celebrations of a St Albans recycling firm.
The Pearce Group on Acrewood Way have been recycling for 140 years and to mark the achievement the company invited the popular opera singer along to a special open day on Monday.
Ms Garrett, a friend of the Pearce family, was on hand to officially open their new head office and after the ceremony, the guests were taken on a tour of the firm's recycling facilities.
Joanne Pearce, PA and sister to managing director Simon Pearce, said that it was a memorable day and added: "We're delighted that Lesley agreed to officially open our new head office and everybody seemed to enjoy the tour of the new facilities in the sunshine."
You may also want to watch:
Ms Garrett, whose singing teacher is the aunt of Joanne and Simon, plans to return to the firm soon with her two teenage children so that the family can enjoy their own tour of the recycling plant.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe