Opera singer's grand opening in St Albans
SINGER Lesley Garrett has joined in the anniversary celebrations of a St Albans recycling firm. The Pearce Group on Acrewood Way have been recycling for 140 years and to mark the achievement the company invited the popular opera singer along to a special
SINGER Lesley Garrett has joined in the anniversary celebrations of a St Albans recycling firm.
The Pearce Group on Acrewood Way have been recycling for 140 years and to mark the achievement the company invited the popular opera singer along to a special open day on Monday.
Ms Garrett, a friend of the Pearce family, was on hand to officially open their new head office and after the ceremony, the guests were taken on a tour of the firm's recycling facilities.
Joanne Pearce, PA and sister to managing director Simon Pearce, said that it was a memorable day and added: "We're delighted that Lesley agreed to officially open our new head office and everybody seemed to enjoy the tour of the new facilities in the sunshine."
You may also want to watch:
Ms Garrett, whose singing teacher is the aunt of Joanne and Simon, plans to return to the firm soon with her two teenage children so that the family can enjoy their own tour of the recycling plant.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to