Bee-tastic community theatre event coming to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A bee-tastic community event in Harpenden’s secret garden will get children and adults alike buzzing with excitement.
Audience members will learn about the important of honey bees in an educational and interactive open theatre experience by the Imajica Theatre Company.
There will also be crafts, face painting, story time with Harpenden Library and an information tent from the Beekeepers Society.
Harpenden Town Mayor, Cllr David Heritage, said: ‘We’re so excited to welcome these new community events to Lydekker Park - Harpenden’s secret garden.
“Events such as the open theatre, which not only entertain but educate, are an asset to Harpenden’s varied events calendar and are a pleasure to be a part of.”
Upcoming events also in Lydekker Park include the annual Teddy Bears Picnic on August 1 and Music in Lydekker, details of which have not yet been revealed.
All of these have been organised by Harpenden Town Council.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The open theatre takes place on July 14 from 10am to 2pm.