Bee-tastic community theatre event coming to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A bee-tastic community event in Harpenden’s secret garden will get children and adults alike buzzing with excitement.
Audience members will learn about the important of honey bees in an educational and interactive open theatre experience by the Imajica Theatre Company.
There will also be crafts, face painting, story time with Harpenden Library and an information tent from the Beekeepers Society.
Harpenden Town Mayor, Cllr David Heritage, said: ‘We’re so excited to welcome these new community events to Lydekker Park - Harpenden’s secret garden.
“Events such as the open theatre, which not only entertain but educate, are an asset to Harpenden’s varied events calendar and are a pleasure to be a part of.”
Upcoming events also in Lydekker Park include the annual Teddy Bears Picnic on August 1 and Music in Lydekker, details of which have not yet been revealed.
All of these have been organised by Harpenden Town Council.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
The open theatre takes place on July 14 from 10am to 2pm.