Bee-tastic community theatre event coming to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A bee-tastic community event in Harpenden’s secret garden will get children and adults alike buzzing with excitement.
Audience members will learn about the important of honey bees in an educational and interactive open theatre experience by the Imajica Theatre Company.
There will also be crafts, face painting, story time with Harpenden Library and an information tent from the Beekeepers Society.
Harpenden Town Mayor, Cllr David Heritage, said: ‘We’re so excited to welcome these new community events to Lydekker Park - Harpenden’s secret garden.
“Events such as the open theatre, which not only entertain but educate, are an asset to Harpenden’s varied events calendar and are a pleasure to be a part of.”
You may also want to watch:
Upcoming events also in Lydekker Park include the annual Teddy Bears Picnic on August 1 and Music in Lydekker, details of which have not yet been revealed.
All of these have been organised by Harpenden Town Council.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
The open theatre takes place on July 14 from 10am to 2pm.