Open invitation to funeral of Zombies and Kinks star Jim Rodford
- Credit: Archant
Friends, family and fans are invited to the funeral of a legendary local musician who recently passed away .
Jim Rodford performed bass guitar regularly with The Rodford Files in St Albans, his birthplace, while also enjoying a star studded career playing for The Bluetones, The Kinks, The Zombies, and Argent.
He toured internationally with The Mike Cotton Sound, both for their own shows and as backing artists for Dusty Springfield, Gene Pitney, Elkie Brooks and P J Proby.
He also supported The Beatles for three weeks at Hammersmith Apollo and was awarded an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Services to British Music.
Last year he was presented with an honorary degree by the University of Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Jim passed away after falling down the stairs on January 20, aged 76.
The funeral will take place in St Albans Cathedral on Monday, February 12 at 1pm. All members of the St Albans community and beyond are welcome at the service.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe