Open invitation to funeral of Zombies and Kinks star Jim Rodford
- Credit: Archant
Friends, family and fans are invited to the funeral of a legendary local musician who recently passed away .
Jim Rodford performed bass guitar regularly with The Rodford Files in St Albans, his birthplace, while also enjoying a star studded career playing for The Bluetones, The Kinks, The Zombies, and Argent.
He toured internationally with The Mike Cotton Sound, both for their own shows and as backing artists for Dusty Springfield, Gene Pitney, Elkie Brooks and P J Proby.
He also supported The Beatles for three weeks at Hammersmith Apollo and was awarded an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Services to British Music.
Last year he was presented with an honorary degree by the University of Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Jim passed away after falling down the stairs on January 20, aged 76.
The funeral will take place in St Albans Cathedral on Monday, February 12 at 1pm. All members of the St Albans community and beyond are welcome at the service.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind