Only Way Is Essex star helps Harpenden fundraising night
ONE of the stars from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex has helped a Harpenden hairdresser raise over �1,300 for charity.
James ‘Arg’ Argent from the ITV2 show entertained guests at Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty’s event in aid of Help for Heroes at The George Pub on Luton Road.
Over 250 guests attended the event at the end of last month which also saw local soldiers volunteer to take part in a charity waxathon.
A Harpenden-based designer, The Perfect Dress Co, showcased their latest range of glamorous party dresses on the catwalk and guests were given free fake tans and mini makeovers.
Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty Owner, Sabrina Collins said: “Arg was lovely, he was really shy but he was dying to get out into the crowd and give out prizes.”
The TOWIE star spent the whole evening at the event and the show’s producers joined the afterparty.
Ms Collins added: “The atmosphere of the evening was crazy - everyone was having a great time. No one wanted it to end.”
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 6 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 9 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 10 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
The salon hopes that the fashion and beauty evening will become an annual event, with each year getting bigger and better than the one before.