Only Way Is Essex star helps Harpenden fundraising night
ONE of the stars from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex has helped a Harpenden hairdresser raise over �1,300 for charity.
James ‘Arg’ Argent from the ITV2 show entertained guests at Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty’s event in aid of Help for Heroes at The George Pub on Luton Road.
Over 250 guests attended the event at the end of last month which also saw local soldiers volunteer to take part in a charity waxathon.
A Harpenden-based designer, The Perfect Dress Co, showcased their latest range of glamorous party dresses on the catwalk and guests were given free fake tans and mini makeovers.
Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty Owner, Sabrina Collins said: “Arg was lovely, he was really shy but he was dying to get out into the crowd and give out prizes.”
The TOWIE star spent the whole evening at the event and the show’s producers joined the afterparty.
Ms Collins added: “The atmosphere of the evening was crazy - everyone was having a great time. No one wanted it to end.”
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 6 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
The salon hopes that the fashion and beauty evening will become an annual event, with each year getting bigger and better than the one before.