Only Way Is Essex star helps Harpenden fundraising night
ONE of the stars from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex has helped a Harpenden hairdresser raise over �1,300 for charity.
James ‘Arg’ Argent from the ITV2 show entertained guests at Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty’s event in aid of Help for Heroes at The George Pub on Luton Road.
Over 250 guests attended the event at the end of last month which also saw local soldiers volunteer to take part in a charity waxathon.
A Harpenden-based designer, The Perfect Dress Co, showcased their latest range of glamorous party dresses on the catwalk and guests were given free fake tans and mini makeovers.
Sabrina & Co Hair and Beauty Owner, Sabrina Collins said: “Arg was lovely, he was really shy but he was dying to get out into the crowd and give out prizes.”
You may also want to watch:
The TOWIE star spent the whole evening at the event and the show’s producers joined the afterparty.
Ms Collins added: “The atmosphere of the evening was crazy - everyone was having a great time. No one wanted it to end.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
The salon hopes that the fashion and beauty evening will become an annual event, with each year getting bigger and better than the one before.