One Show TV presenter visits new Harpenden café
- Credit: Twitter/@mdlondon
Michael Douglas – the BBC’s street barber, rather than the famous actor he shares a moniker with – has become the first celebrity to visit Harpenden’s newest café.
Staff serving customers at Kicks Café in Rothamsted Park were apparently surprised, and a little starstruck recently, when Michael dropped by for a cuppa.
A resident of St Albans, he is a presenter on The One Show where he is shown giving surprise haircuts to unsuspecting members of the public.
However, according to a spokesman for Harpenden Town Football Club which recently opened the café as part of a £100,000 revamp, it was refreshments rather than a close shave that Michael was after.
The TV star seemed to approve, tweeting later: “Great coffee, thank you ladies. I’ll be back.”
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: ”We have had a really successful launch and I would like to thank the young, paid staff for all their hard work in what was a steep learning curve over the summer.
“More and more people are using the café and we believe it is a major new asset for Harpenden.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Kicks Café, which is open on Saturday and Sunday during term time, is a not-for-profit organisation working alongside Harpenden Town FC to benefit the local football community.