One Show TV presenter visits new Harpenden café
- Credit: Twitter/@mdlondon
Michael Douglas – the BBC’s street barber, rather than the famous actor he shares a moniker with – has become the first celebrity to visit Harpenden’s newest café.
Staff serving customers at Kicks Café in Rothamsted Park were apparently surprised, and a little starstruck recently, when Michael dropped by for a cuppa.
A resident of St Albans, he is a presenter on The One Show where he is shown giving surprise haircuts to unsuspecting members of the public.
However, according to a spokesman for Harpenden Town Football Club which recently opened the café as part of a £100,000 revamp, it was refreshments rather than a close shave that Michael was after.
The TV star seemed to approve, tweeting later: “Great coffee, thank you ladies. I’ll be back.”
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: ”We have had a really successful launch and I would like to thank the young, paid staff for all their hard work in what was a steep learning curve over the summer.
“More and more people are using the café and we believe it is a major new asset for Harpenden.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success
Kicks Café, which is open on Saturday and Sunday during term time, is a not-for-profit organisation working alongside Harpenden Town FC to benefit the local football community.