One Show TV presenter visits new Harpenden café
- Credit: Twitter/@mdlondon
Michael Douglas – the BBC’s street barber, rather than the famous actor he shares a moniker with – has become the first celebrity to visit Harpenden’s newest café.
Staff serving customers at Kicks Café in Rothamsted Park were apparently surprised, and a little starstruck recently, when Michael dropped by for a cuppa.
A resident of St Albans, he is a presenter on The One Show where he is shown giving surprise haircuts to unsuspecting members of the public.
However, according to a spokesman for Harpenden Town Football Club which recently opened the café as part of a £100,000 revamp, it was refreshments rather than a close shave that Michael was after.
The TV star seemed to approve, tweeting later: “Great coffee, thank you ladies. I’ll be back.”
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: ”We have had a really successful launch and I would like to thank the young, paid staff for all their hard work in what was a steep learning curve over the summer.
“More and more people are using the café and we believe it is a major new asset for Harpenden.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Kicks Café, which is open on Saturday and Sunday during term time, is a not-for-profit organisation working alongside Harpenden Town FC to benefit the local football community.