Olympians to appear at new St Albans leisure centre
A HOST of London 2012 Olympians will be making guest appearances at the opening of the new Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre this weekend.
Bronze medal winning gymnast Max Whitlock is just one of the sporting stars who will be running free taster sessions at the open day on Saturday (November 10).
The public are invited to take part in a programme of activities including tours around the gym, spa taster treatments and free family swimming.
Cllr Mike Wakely, portfolio holder for sports, leisure and heritage at St Albans district council said: “We are delighted to be able to announce the day of free activity to mark the opening of Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
“We are sure that residents will be highly impressed by the facilities available in the new centre, including the new 10 lane main pool. The attendance of so many high profile sporting personalities will make the open weekend all the more memorable.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening day is being held between 10am and 5pm.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe