Olympians to appear at new St Albans leisure centre
A HOST of London 2012 Olympians will be making guest appearances at the opening of the new Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre this weekend.
Bronze medal winning gymnast Max Whitlock is just one of the sporting stars who will be running free taster sessions at the open day on Saturday (November 10).
The public are invited to take part in a programme of activities including tours around the gym, spa taster treatments and free family swimming.
Cllr Mike Wakely, portfolio holder for sports, leisure and heritage at St Albans district council said: “We are delighted to be able to announce the day of free activity to mark the opening of Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre.
“We are sure that residents will be highly impressed by the facilities available in the new centre, including the new 10 lane main pool. The attendance of so many high profile sporting personalities will make the open weekend all the more memorable.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening day is being held between 10am and 5pm.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward