Oh flip - Hospice team in the pink but miss out on St Albans Pancake Race final
LOOKING pretty in pink – and that was just the fundraising director – the team from Grove House beat its own record in this year s St Albans pancake race. For the first time the Grove House team got through the first round – but sadly went no further. The
LOOKING pretty in pink - and that was just the fundraising director - the team from Grove House beat its own record in this year's St Albans pancake race.
For the first time the Grove House team got through the first round - but sadly went no further.
The team was dressed in pink for a reason - to promote this year's Midnight Walk.
Paul Parrish, Kathryn Boal and Charlotte Fletcher from the hospice and Jane Thompson from Cerco Communications joined forces in a concerted effort to win the race this year.
Fundraising director Paul said: "Our training programme this year was somewhat disrupted by the appalling weather over the last few weeks!
"But seriously this is a fun community event for St Albans and gives us the chance to raise awareness of Grove House in the community and to promote our Midnight Walk on June 26."
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Jane added: "We are very pleased to be working with Grove House again this year to promote the Midnight Walk which is now becoming a landmark community event raising thousands of pounds for the hospice."
And Kathryn added: "We will be back next year to win but in the meantime we will be signing up as many local ladies as possible to make our Midnight Walk the most successful yet!"
For further information and to register for the Midnight Walk, phone the events hotline on 01727 731002 or visit www.midnightwalk.org