October in St Albans was wetter and less sunny than average
- Credit: Archant
Weather in St Albans and Harpenden in October was cloudy and wet with close to average temperatures.
There was more rainfall than expected with 109.6mm, which is 27.92mm above average.
The month had 25 days with 0.2mm or more of rain and 7 days with over 5.0mm. The greatest rainfall was 18.2mm on October 5.
There was also less sunshine than usual - with only 91.1 hours, whereas the average for October is 111 hours.
However, one day - October 2 - had 8.5 hours of sun. There were six days without sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
The October mean maximum temperature was below average at 13.8C (-0.21), and the mean minimum was above average at 7.1C (+0.02).
The highest temperature was 17C on October 1 and the lowest was 0.8C on October 28.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
There were seven ground frosts.