October in St Albans was wetter and less sunny than average
- Credit: Archant
Weather in St Albans and Harpenden in October was cloudy and wet with close to average temperatures.
There was more rainfall than expected with 109.6mm, which is 27.92mm above average.
The month had 25 days with 0.2mm or more of rain and 7 days with over 5.0mm. The greatest rainfall was 18.2mm on October 5.
There was also less sunshine than usual - with only 91.1 hours, whereas the average for October is 111 hours.
However, one day - October 2 - had 8.5 hours of sun. There were six days without sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
The October mean maximum temperature was below average at 13.8C (-0.21), and the mean minimum was above average at 7.1C (+0.02).
The highest temperature was 17C on October 1 and the lowest was 0.8C on October 28.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
There were seven ground frosts.