Och aye! It’s the return of the Harpenden Highland Gathering
- Credit: Archant
Burns’ Night seemed the perfect occasion for Harpenden Lions Club to name the charity beneficiaries who will benefit from the 2014 Highland Gathering.
The fun day with a Scottish flavour, which is supported by the Herts Advertiser, will be held in Rothamsted Park, Harpenden, on Sunday, July 13, and the proceeds will be donated to Arthritis Care, Carers in Herfordshire and Life Skills Programme in local schools.
Five pipe bands will participate on the day and there will be solo piping and Highland dancing competitions as well as Highland Games events.
Entrants for the dancing and piping competitions come from near and far as well as encouraging public involvement in the traditional Highland Gathering heavy events sporting activities.
On-site vendors will provide a range of refreshments including a licensed bar.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there will be a wide variety of market, charity and commercial stalls together with special children’s attractions including a fun fair, go karts and climbing wall.
For information on how to sponsor an event, to book advertising space in the programme or to reserve a charity or commercial stall e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development