Och aye! It’s the return of the Harpenden Highland Gathering
- Credit: Archant
Burns’ Night seemed the perfect occasion for Harpenden Lions Club to name the charity beneficiaries who will benefit from the 2014 Highland Gathering.
The fun day with a Scottish flavour, which is supported by the Herts Advertiser, will be held in Rothamsted Park, Harpenden, on Sunday, July 13, and the proceeds will be donated to Arthritis Care, Carers in Herfordshire and Life Skills Programme in local schools.
Five pipe bands will participate on the day and there will be solo piping and Highland dancing competitions as well as Highland Games events.
Entrants for the dancing and piping competitions come from near and far as well as encouraging public involvement in the traditional Highland Gathering heavy events sporting activities.
On-site vendors will provide a range of refreshments including a licensed bar.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there will be a wide variety of market, charity and commercial stalls together with special children’s attractions including a fun fair, go karts and climbing wall.
For information on how to sponsor an event, to book advertising space in the programme or to reserve a charity or commercial stall e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land