O’Neills St Albans to host St Patrick’s Day spectacular
- Credit: Archant
A sea of green and Guinness will greet St Patrick’s Day revellers at a St Albans pub tomorrow (Thursday) to start off a weekend of celebrations.
Irish pub O’Neills, on Victoria Street, has organised an evening of activities to celebrate the national day of Ireland and raise money for charity.
It will begin with an acoustic hour with Brendan Mac at 5.30pm, Irish dancers will join the party at 7pm and an Irish rock band will finish off the evening, which ends at about 12.30am.
The party will continue into the weekend with more Irish music, drinks deals and showings of the final six nations matches on Saturday (19).
Event goers will also be treated to 50 per cent off their breakfast bill if they show receipts from two of the three previous days.
You may also want to watch:
There will be charity raffles, guess the Guinnesses sold, guess the sweets in the jar, face painting, and hats for sale throughout the weekend.
All money raised will go to Bliss, a charity which helps babies ‘born too soon, too small, too sick, and one important to the pub’s staff after a chef’s baby was recently born prematurely.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
Martin Morris, manager, said: “Come along and help us celebrate St Patrick’s day in true Irish style, it’s set to be such fun couple of days filled with great craic!
“We also hope to also raise as much money as possible for Bliss, a really worthwhile charity which is very important to the staff here.”