Nowt queer about folk for Grove House concert
A MUSICAL evening to be held at Grove House next Thursday, March 11, is set to be a sure-fire success. American-born duo Sarah and Tim Crews will be entertaining staff and supporters with an evening of relaxed contemporary folk music to raise money for th
A MUSICAL evening to be held at Grove House next Thursday, March 11, is set to be a sure-fire success.
American-born duo Sarah and Tim Crews will be entertaining staff and supporters with an evening of relaxed contemporary folk music to raise money for the hospice.
Grounded in traditional Americana folk music, yet influenced by such musicians as Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and Sarah McLachlan, the audience can expect an evening of inspiring and original music.
Sarah, who is a volunteer at Grove House and frequently plays for the patients in the day hospice, said: "I love to use music to help people; playing my guitar is a great way to connect with people.
You may also want to watch:
"I have enjoyed playing for the patients, and organising this acoustic evening is a way Tim and I can do even more to support the important work done at Grove House."
A very special song for Sarah is Lifeline which she wrote in 2007 for her sister who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Sarah added: "Lifeline was for my sister but I hope its sentiments will serve others whose lives have been touched by cancer."
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Sarah and Tim will be returning to the USA so this is a unique opportunity to hear them play. They are appearing at the hospice at 7pm and tickets, which are �10 and include a glass of wine, are available by calling 01727 731002 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk