Nowt queer about folk for Grove House concert
A MUSICAL evening to be held at Grove House next Thursday, March 11, is set to be a sure-fire success. American-born duo Sarah and Tim Crews will be entertaining staff and supporters with an evening of relaxed contemporary folk music to raise money for th
A MUSICAL evening to be held at Grove House next Thursday, March 11, is set to be a sure-fire success.
American-born duo Sarah and Tim Crews will be entertaining staff and supporters with an evening of relaxed contemporary folk music to raise money for the hospice.
Grounded in traditional Americana folk music, yet influenced by such musicians as Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and Sarah McLachlan, the audience can expect an evening of inspiring and original music.
Sarah, who is a volunteer at Grove House and frequently plays for the patients in the day hospice, said: "I love to use music to help people; playing my guitar is a great way to connect with people.
You may also want to watch:
"I have enjoyed playing for the patients, and organising this acoustic evening is a way Tim and I can do even more to support the important work done at Grove House."
A very special song for Sarah is Lifeline which she wrote in 2007 for her sister who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Sarah added: "Lifeline was for my sister but I hope its sentiments will serve others whose lives have been touched by cancer."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
Sarah and Tim will be returning to the USA so this is a unique opportunity to hear them play. They are appearing at the hospice at 7pm and tickets, which are �10 and include a glass of wine, are available by calling 01727 731002 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk