NOW WITH VIDEO: Herts 10k Challenge 2008 Video & Gallery
MORE than 2,500 runners and walkers took part in Sunday s HERTS 10K Challenge to raise money for Grove House day hospice in St Albans. The event which was being held for the third time was started at 10am in the grounds of Rothamsted Research in Harpenden
MORE than 2,500 runners and walkers took part in Sunday's HERTS 10K Challenge to raise money for Grove House day hospice in St Albans.
The event which was being held for the third time was started at 10am in the grounds of Rothamsted Research in Harpenden by BBC soccer commentator legend John "Motty" Motson. It follows footpaths and country lanes before finishing back in Rothamsted and the race was run in glorious sunshine.
Donna Ross of Fast Talk Promotions and one of those involved in organising the event for the last three years said that there was a great atmosphere and they had very good feedback after the run.
She added: "It all went really well, helped by the fact that most of those taking part had signed up on the website before they arrived."
Levy Associates, IT and pharmaceutical recruitment consultants based in St Albans, were the founding sponsors of the event. It came into being to help raise much-needed funds for Grove House which offers services and support for those suffering from cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
The organisers are now reminding those who took part in the event to return their sponsorship money as quickly as possible.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
* More photos from the event are available below. All images will be available for purchase from www.myphotos24.co.uk, just follow the instruction in the gallery below.
* The HERTS 10K Challenge 2009 takes place on 11th October 2009 at 10am at Rothamsted Research to sign up go to www.herts10k.com The team look forward to seeing you all for an even Bigger and Better event for 2009!