Nominate your unsung heroes for St Albans Mayor’s Pride Awards
- Credit: Photo supplied
If you know a local unsung hero, then now is the time to highlight their commitment to the local community.
For the nominations are now open for the Mayor’s Pride Awards which recognise exceptional and outstanding individuals and groups who make notable contributions to St Albans.
Organised by St Albans district council in association with the Herts Advertiser, the St Albans Centre for Voluntary Service and Radio Verulam, the awards are designed to celebrate those who benefit the community in a remarkable way.
Nominations can be made in the following categories: Community Champion of the Year, Cultural Innovation Award, Young Person of Distinction, Community Project of the Year, Community Oriented Business of the Year, Environmental Champion of the Year, Voluntary Sector Award, Inclusive Communities Award. There is also a special Mayor’s Recognition Award selected by the Mayor himself.
It’s quick and easy to nominate. An online form and further information are available from the council’s website.
Alternatively pick up a paper copy from the Civic Centre, Alban Arena, Harpenden Public Halls, leisure centres, doctors, dentists, schools, libraries and other community venues.
You may also want to watch:
All nominations must be made by Friday January 15. The panel of judges will include the Mayor, Herts Ad editor Matt Adams and public, private and voluntary sector representatives who will meet to discuss nominations and select winners.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests