No aliens, just the Andersons
IT wasn t aliens – it was the Andersons who were responsible for the bright orange globes of light which appeared in the St Albans sky on Sunday, February 1. Brian and Marion Wade who live in Batchwood Drive, St Albans, spotted two lights in the sky abov
IT wasn't aliens - it was the Andersons who were responsible for the bright orange globes of light which appeared in the St Albans sky on Sunday, February 1.
Brian and Marion Wade who live in Batchwood Drive, St Albans, spotted two lights in the sky above their garden and thought that they might have been UFOs.
Their teenage daughter Savanna filmed the incident on her mobile phone and the video on this website prompted a number of people to contact the newspaper reporting the same phenomenon.
But the Anderson family in nearby Langley Crescent have since come forward with a probable explanation for the incident.
Angela Anderson explained that her daughter Siobhan was celebrating her 18th birthday when they let off sky candles at around 9.30pm, the time the Wades spotted the lights.
The lights, otherwise known as Chinese lanterns, work by using a candle which heats up a little balloon so that it floats up into the sky.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Angela said: "We actually let five off all together and they blew away quickly as it was quite windy. I hope this puts people's minds to rest and that they don't think St Albans is ready for UFOs yet!