Nick Clegg gets grilling by St Albans residents
DEPUTY Prime Minister Nick Clegg received a grilling by the public at a question and answer session held in St Albans today (November 23).
Mr Clegg addressed residents’ burning questions at the Quality Hotel in London Road at an event organised by Heart FM.
For 60 minutes the Liberal Democrat leader answered questions ranging from the proposed Hatfield waste incinerator to whether 16-year-olds should be allowed to vote.
And he also managed to take a few minutes to share his views on Nadine Dorries’ appearance on I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.
Talking about the Tory MP’s jungle adventure he said: “You have all got a rightful expectation that your MPs work hard day in day out for their constituents, and to disappear to the other side of the world to eat insects in the jungle does not seem to me to really have much of a direct bearing on the needs of her constituents.”
For the full story don’t miss next week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic