Nick Clegg gets grilling by St Albans residents
DEPUTY Prime Minister Nick Clegg received a grilling by the public at a question and answer session held in St Albans today (November 23).
Mr Clegg addressed residents’ burning questions at the Quality Hotel in London Road at an event organised by Heart FM.
For 60 minutes the Liberal Democrat leader answered questions ranging from the proposed Hatfield waste incinerator to whether 16-year-olds should be allowed to vote.
And he also managed to take a few minutes to share his views on Nadine Dorries’ appearance on I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.
Talking about the Tory MP’s jungle adventure he said: “You have all got a rightful expectation that your MPs work hard day in day out for their constituents, and to disappear to the other side of the world to eat insects in the jungle does not seem to me to really have much of a direct bearing on the needs of her constituents.”
You may also want to watch:
For the full story don’t miss next week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden