Nick Clegg gets grilling by St Albans residents
DEPUTY Prime Minister Nick Clegg received a grilling by the public at a question and answer session held in St Albans today (November 23).
Mr Clegg addressed residents’ burning questions at the Quality Hotel in London Road at an event organised by Heart FM.
For 60 minutes the Liberal Democrat leader answered questions ranging from the proposed Hatfield waste incinerator to whether 16-year-olds should be allowed to vote.
And he also managed to take a few minutes to share his views on Nadine Dorries’ appearance on I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.
Talking about the Tory MP’s jungle adventure he said: “You have all got a rightful expectation that your MPs work hard day in day out for their constituents, and to disappear to the other side of the world to eat insects in the jungle does not seem to me to really have much of a direct bearing on the needs of her constituents.”
You may also want to watch:
For the full story don’t miss next week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans