NewsHound: Please send us your letters to hospital staff to make them smile
- Credit: Archant
Some St Albans children have given us a brilliant idea that we would like you to get involved in.
Anwen and Mollie contacted the Herts Ad to say they had written letters to NHS staff to help them keep their spirits up during this uncertainty and isolation.
Anwen, seven, of Fleetville, said: “I have been a bit worried about the illness going round and I thought that it must be difficult for people who work in a hospital.
“I can’t do much to help them but I thought a letter might brighten their day - so I wrote one!”
Mollie’s letter said: “Doctors, thank you for all letting us be careful of the bug.”
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-two Hillary Childs said: “It was all their own idea and I am so proud they thought of it. Educational and thoughtful - a brilliant way to spend an afternoon!”
We would like to publish your letters on our website and share them on Twitter so that can health workers can see them.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll
- Your letter can be to an individual NHS worker or a general one;
- It can be to anyone you want, so if your mum is a doctor, you can write to her if you like;
- You should make it colourful.
Send your letters to email@example.com