NewsHound: Please send us your letters to hospital staff to make them smile
- Credit: Archant
Some St Albans children have given us a brilliant idea that we would like you to get involved in.
Anwen and Mollie contacted the Herts Ad to say they had written letters to NHS staff to help them keep their spirits up during this uncertainty and isolation.
Anwen, seven, of Fleetville, said: “I have been a bit worried about the illness going round and I thought that it must be difficult for people who work in a hospital.
“I can’t do much to help them but I thought a letter might brighten their day - so I wrote one!”
Mollie’s letter said: “Doctors, thank you for all letting us be careful of the bug.”
Mum-of-two Hillary Childs said: “It was all their own idea and I am so proud they thought of it. Educational and thoughtful - a brilliant way to spend an afternoon!”
We would like to publish your letters on our website and share them on Twitter so that can health workers can see them.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 'Outstanding' qualities continue success story of St Albans secondary school
- Your letter can be to an individual NHS worker or a general one;
- It can be to anyone you want, so if your mum is a doctor, you can write to her if you like;
- You should make it colourful.
Send your letters to email@example.com