NewsHound: Please send us your letters to hospital staff to make them smile
- Credit: Archant
Some St Albans children have given us a brilliant idea that we would like you to get involved in.
Anwen and Mollie contacted the Herts Ad to say they had written letters to NHS staff to help them keep their spirits up during this uncertainty and isolation.
Anwen, seven, of Fleetville, said: “I have been a bit worried about the illness going round and I thought that it must be difficult for people who work in a hospital.
“I can’t do much to help them but I thought a letter might brighten their day - so I wrote one!”
Mollie’s letter said: “Doctors, thank you for all letting us be careful of the bug.”
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-two Hillary Childs said: “It was all their own idea and I am so proud they thought of it. Educational and thoughtful - a brilliant way to spend an afternoon!”
We would like to publish your letters on our website and share them on Twitter so that can health workers can see them.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- Your letter can be to an individual NHS worker or a general one;
- It can be to anyone you want, so if your mum is a doctor, you can write to her if you like;
- You should make it colourful.
Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org