WATCH NewsHound: Catching up with the Children in Need Rickshaw Challenge
- Credit: Archant
St Albans was on the route for this year’s Children in Need Rickshaw Challenge, and hundreds of people turned out to watch its progress.
The NewsHound team went along to see what it was like and meet people in the crowd to find out why they had come along.
The rickshaw was the final leg of its 400-mile journey, which started at Holyhead and ended at BBC's Elstree Studios that evening.
BBC presenter Matt Baker and his team of six young riders passed through Wheathampstead and Sandridge before reaching the city. Hundreds of adults and children - some in pyjamas - waited to greet the team as they came past.
NewsHound is a regular news round-up for children, explaining a local news item in an engaging way. It hopes to get them excited and informed about this historic district.
You may also want to watch:
Other episodes have focussed on the problems with World Mental Health Day, St Albans Cathedral's Space Voyage, and a new beehive installed at the George Street Canteen.
The most recent episode is presented by Herts and Cambs group editor Matt Adams.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
NewsHound reporters would really love to hear from children in the community who would like to feature on an episode.
Please contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk to get involved.