WATCH NewsHound: Catching up with the Children in Need Rickshaw Challenge
- Credit: Archant
St Albans was on the route for this year’s Children in Need Rickshaw Challenge, and hundreds of people turned out to watch its progress.
The NewsHound team went along to see what it was like and meet people in the crowd to find out why they had come along.
The rickshaw was the final leg of its 400-mile journey, which started at Holyhead and ended at BBC's Elstree Studios that evening.
BBC presenter Matt Baker and his team of six young riders passed through Wheathampstead and Sandridge before reaching the city. Hundreds of adults and children - some in pyjamas - waited to greet the team as they came past.
NewsHound is a regular news round-up for children, explaining a local news item in an engaging way. It hopes to get them excited and informed about this historic district.
You may also want to watch:
Other episodes have focussed on the problems with World Mental Health Day, St Albans Cathedral's Space Voyage, and a new beehive installed at the George Street Canteen.
The most recent episode is presented by Herts and Cambs group editor Matt Adams.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
NewsHound reporters would really love to hear from children in the community who would like to feature on an episode.
Please contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk to get involved.