WATCH NewsHound: What’s wrong with Verulamium Lake?
- Credit: Archant
The summer holidays have finally arrived and Verulamium Park is a great place for children to go and play outside in St Albans.
But wait! What's wrong with the lake? We're sure some eagle-eyed kids may have noticed that the water is currently a bit smelly and dirty.
Years of duck poo and leaves have built up in the water and been exposed on the surface.
Watch the 10th episode of NewsHound to find out more about the problem and what you can do to help.
The regular news round-up has been created especially for children, explaining local news items to them in an engaging way for young people.
It hopes to get them excited and informed about this historic district.
Other episodes have focussed on the Queen's Birthday Honours, the resignation of Prime Minister Theresa May, and St Albans Sustainability Festival.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 10 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
NewsHound reporters would be thrilled to hear from children in the community who would like to feature on an episode. Please contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk to get involved.
It is your chance to appear in your local newspaper.