WATCH NewsHound: What’s wrong with Verulamium Lake?
- Credit: Archant
The summer holidays have finally arrived and Verulamium Park is a great place for children to go and play outside in St Albans.
But wait! What's wrong with the lake? We're sure some eagle-eyed kids may have noticed that the water is currently a bit smelly and dirty.
Years of duck poo and leaves have built up in the water and been exposed on the surface.
Watch the 10th episode of NewsHound to find out more about the problem and what you can do to help.
The regular news round-up has been created especially for children, explaining local news items to them in an engaging way for young people.
You may also want to watch:
It hopes to get them excited and informed about this historic district.
Other episodes have focussed on the Queen's Birthday Honours, the resignation of Prime Minister Theresa May, and St Albans Sustainability Festival.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
NewsHound reporters would be thrilled to hear from children in the community who would like to feature on an episode. Please contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk to get involved.
It is your chance to appear in your local newspaper.