WATCH NewsHound: What’s wrong with Verulamium Lake?
- Credit: Archant
The summer holidays have finally arrived and Verulamium Park is a great place for children to go and play outside in St Albans.
But wait! What's wrong with the lake? We're sure some eagle-eyed kids may have noticed that the water is currently a bit smelly and dirty.
Years of duck poo and leaves have built up in the water and been exposed on the surface.
Watch the 10th episode of NewsHound to find out more about the problem and what you can do to help.
The regular news round-up has been created especially for children, explaining local news items to them in an engaging way for young people.
You may also want to watch:
It hopes to get them excited and informed about this historic district.
Other episodes have focussed on the Queen's Birthday Honours, the resignation of Prime Minister Theresa May, and St Albans Sustainability Festival.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
NewsHound reporters would be thrilled to hear from children in the community who would like to feature on an episode. Please contact HertsAd@Archant.co.uk to get involved.
It is your chance to appear in your local newspaper.