New Swine Flu Medicine Collection Points
ANTIVIRAL medication for swine flu patients will now be supplied at five pharmacies across the county. The two main antiviral centres have closed since a drop in the number of new cases and the nearest collection points for St Albans are pharmacies in Wat
ANTIVIRAL medication for swine flu patients will now be supplied at five pharmacies across the county.
The two main antiviral centres have closed since a drop in the number of new cases and the nearest collection points for St Albans are pharmacies in Watford or Hatfield.
Those who have an authorisation number from the National Flu Pandemic Flu Service phone line or website will be able to collect the medication.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health at NHS Herts, said: "The number of swine flu cases reported in Herts remains low and we are now moving forward with our plans to manage the second wave of the pandemic.
"Our initial antiviral collection points in Welwyn Garden City and Watford have been working well since they opened during the peak of the first wave back in July. But now that numbers of swine flu cases have decreased to very low levels, it isn't the best use of our clinical resources to keep those two centres open.
"Instead we have equipped a number of local pharmacies across the county to work as antiviral collection points. Some of these pharmacies are open for longer in the evening and at weekends which will help improve access for our population."
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 9 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 10 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
She added: "At the moment we have five pharmacies taking park and are finalising arrangements for more, to make sure we are in good place to manage any sudden increase in demand this autumn."
The Watford collection point is at Boots in Waterfields Retail Park, New Road and the pharmacy in Hatfield is in Asda in the town centre.