New style of travel shop comes to St Albans shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A new travel shop has just opened in St Albans, offering a wide range of holidays from honeymoons and fly-drives, to safaris and ‘wellness’ breaks.
Kuoni St Albans, staffed by six people with years of experience in the travel industry, began operating from the unit previously occupied by Laura Ashley in Christopher Place last Sunday (12).
Store manager Louise Albert said: “All of us here in St Albans have had a passion for travel since a young age, and we are looking forward to sharing our own experience and knowledge with anyone in the area looking to make their next holiday extra special.”
She explained that Kuoni St Albans had been created by a team of designers, and featured travel artefacts from around the world, a lounge area, champagne fridge, coffee bar, travel library and video screen.
The travel shop has also teamed up with neighbouring - and recently opened - tea house, Kanuka, which will be offering customers a selection of their speciality teas.
The St Albans branch brings the total of Kuoni-branded stores throughout the UK to 42, including concessions in John Lewis.
Christopher Place centre manager Catherine Morris said: “We are very excited to have Kuoni as part of the portfolio, as we know this is a fabulous, success business, proven by its continued growth and offering bespoke holidays.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 3 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 6 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 7 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
“Kuoni adds to our mix of fashion, beauty and specialist retailers at Christopher Place.”