New Post Office opens in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office has opened in St Albans as part of a nationwide reinvestment scheme.
The branch is in the Londis on Sandridge Road, will be open 92 hours a week, and offers a range of services including posting letters, collecting online shopping, and accessing bank accounts.
It has been opened as part of a modernisation and investment programme across the whole Post Office network.
Post Office area network change manager, Kevin Cox, said: "We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to pay their bills, withdraw cash from their bank accounts, and send and collect their mail at a time and place that suits them best.
"We know how important our services are to customers, and are confident that this brand new Post Office alongside the other branches in the area at Beech Road, St Peter's Street and London Road will ensure that people in this area of St Albans have easy access to our services."
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office is open 7am to 9pm on Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 8pm on Sunday.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season