New Post Office opens in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office has opened in St Albans as part of a nationwide reinvestment scheme.
The branch is in the Londis on Sandridge Road, will be open 92 hours a week, and offers a range of services including posting letters, collecting online shopping, and accessing bank accounts.
It has been opened as part of a modernisation and investment programme across the whole Post Office network.
Post Office area network change manager, Kevin Cox, said: "We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to pay their bills, withdraw cash from their bank accounts, and send and collect their mail at a time and place that suits them best.
"We know how important our services are to customers, and are confident that this brand new Post Office alongside the other branches in the area at Beech Road, St Peter's Street and London Road will ensure that people in this area of St Albans have easy access to our services."
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office is open 7am to 9pm on Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 8pm on Sunday.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner