New Post Office opens in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office has opened in St Albans as part of a nationwide reinvestment scheme.
The branch is in the Londis on Sandridge Road, will be open 92 hours a week, and offers a range of services including posting letters, collecting online shopping, and accessing bank accounts.
It has been opened as part of a modernisation and investment programme across the whole Post Office network.
Post Office area network change manager, Kevin Cox, said: "We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to pay their bills, withdraw cash from their bank accounts, and send and collect their mail at a time and place that suits them best.
"We know how important our services are to customers, and are confident that this brand new Post Office alongside the other branches in the area at Beech Road, St Peter's Street and London Road will ensure that people in this area of St Albans have easy access to our services."
The Post Office is open 7am to 9pm on Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 8pm on Sunday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival