New St Albans film hub launches this Thursday
- Credit: Archant
The best of the district’s short films will take centre stage at a new monthly film hub starting from next week.
Ben Roper, who runs Rapture Film, a St Albans film production company, set up the hub following his success at the St Albans Film Festival earlier this year.
The free event will run on the first Thursday of every month and feature an hour screening of hand-picked short films from local film makers and the best from around the world.
Ben said: “At the [St Albans Film] festival I had lots of conversations with some of the many talented local film makers in attendance and we all agreed that the festival was excellent but that it was a shame that it only happened once a year- especially considering St Albans’s film making heritage and prolific local film production industry.”
The event aims to celebrate local films while providing a place for film lovers to meet and network.
“We’ve made sure there is plenty of time for socialising and discussion around the screening,” Ben added.
In the future the event will look to host special guests from the world of cinema.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
Rapture will be hosting the event, which will feature The Nocturne, their own state of the art pop-up cinema.
Ben said: “I’d like to encourage professionals and film-lovers alike to join us for the grand opening of the Rapture Film Hub on Thursday, where there will be great conversation, inspiring films, excellent refreshments and maybe even a few surprises too!”.
The film hub will be located at the Bakehouse, St Albans, and begins this Thursday September 3 from 7pm, with showings beginning at 8.30pm.