New shelter for Radlett park
A new shelter is to be installed in a public park thanks to lottery funding. The shelter at Phillimore Recreation Ground is one of three to be put up in Hertsmere borough using lottery funding and was due to be ready by the end of this month. But the inst
A new shelter is to be installed in a public park thanks to lottery funding.
The shelter at Phillimore Recreation Ground is one of three to be put up in Hertsmere borough using lottery funding and was due to be ready by the end of this month. But the installation has been delayed and the shelters are now expected to be in place during February.
Cllr Brenda Batten, Hertsmere's portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, explained: "Design concepts for the shelters were agreed at the end of last year and from there the designers have been working to identify fabricators, source materials and prepare for installation.
"We had been advised that they would be ready in January but since the designs were agreed the price of steel has increased and threatened to put the project over budget.
You may also want to watch:
"This meant that we have agreed to slightly change some of the materials the designers had planned to use in order to keep it in budget. As a result the timetable has slipped slightly but the designers have assured us this will cause a minor delay.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears