New scheme trials free child care for Harpenden parents
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
A new scheme is trialling 30 hours of free child care for working parents in Harpenden.
Families who live within two miles of Batford Nursery School could be eligible for free childcare as part of a new pilot scheme.
The county council is seeking 415 families across Herts who meet the criteria to participate and receive 30 hours of free childcare for their three and four year-old children.
The trial offers a limited number of spaces in four areas in Herts with Harpenden being one of the selected locations. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
The pilot scheme begins this September with the government looking to roll it out nationally in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet member for children’s services, Richard Roberts, said: “We are delighted that we have been chosen to pilot this scheme before it is rolled out across the country next year, and we are looking for eligible parents to apply for the small number of places available.
“We want to support parents to access their entitlement to 30 hours of free child care in whatever way best suits their needs, and will be building upon the fantastic partnership working which already exists between our maintained nursery schools and our other early year’s providers.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
For more information visit www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/parents