New rules on rubbish collection
HOUSEHOLDERS in the St Albans district will have to leave their refuse for collection at the boundary of their property from next month. The change is the first part of an improved refuse and recycling service which is being introduced on February 4 and w
HOUSEHOLDERS in the St Albans district will have to leave their refuse for collection at the boundary of their property from next month.
The change is the first part of an improved refuse and recycling service which is being introduced on February 4 and will eventually lead to the launch of wheeled bins and extended recycling.
The districtcouncil has appointed new contractors, Enterprise, and they are only contracted to collect refuse from the boundary of a property where it joins the public highway.
From Monday (14) until January 31 two rolls of refuse bags will be delivered at homes to replace the weekly provision of bags. These are intended to last until the delivery of the new wheeled bins later in the year but should only be used for waste that cannot be recycled.
You may also want to watch:
The glass collection scheme is also being extended and for those residents who do not yet have it, a box for glass recycling will be delivered.
A leaflet explaining the changes and detailing any new refuse and recycling collection days, including the extended glass collection service, will be delivered to homes across the district at the same time.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Two recycling information events are being held in St Albans council chamber. The first is from 6.15pm to 8.30pm tomorrow (Friday) and the second is from 2.15pm to 4.30pm on Thursday, January 24.
Further information can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01727 814605 if you wish to attend.