New rules on rubbish collection
HOUSEHOLDERS in the St Albans district will have to leave their refuse for collection at the boundary of their property from next month. The change is the first part of an improved refuse and recycling service which is being introduced on February 4 and w
HOUSEHOLDERS in the St Albans district will have to leave their refuse for collection at the boundary of their property from next month.
The change is the first part of an improved refuse and recycling service which is being introduced on February 4 and will eventually lead to the launch of wheeled bins and extended recycling.
The districtcouncil has appointed new contractors, Enterprise, and they are only contracted to collect refuse from the boundary of a property where it joins the public highway.
From Monday (14) until January 31 two rolls of refuse bags will be delivered at homes to replace the weekly provision of bags. These are intended to last until the delivery of the new wheeled bins later in the year but should only be used for waste that cannot be recycled.
You may also want to watch:
The glass collection scheme is also being extended and for those residents who do not yet have it, a box for glass recycling will be delivered.
A leaflet explaining the changes and detailing any new refuse and recycling collection days, including the extended glass collection service, will be delivered to homes across the district at the same time.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Two recycling information events are being held in St Albans council chamber. The first is from 6.15pm to 8.30pm tomorrow (Friday) and the second is from 2.15pm to 4.30pm on Thursday, January 24.
Further information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01727 814605 if you wish to attend.