New Remainer campaign group set up for Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Local Remainers have got together to form a new Pro-EU campaign group.
Harpenden for Europe is a new branch of the European Movement UK and held its first meeting in the Royal British Legion Club last week.
Its goal is to secure another referendum on the Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May and David Davis.
Chair Richard Scott said: “We must always remember that over 60 per cent of people in Harpenden voted against Brexit. We are now offering the people some simple options to do something about it. We look forward to campaigning with the people of Harpenden to secure our country’s future.”
Campaigns director of the European Movement UK, James MacCleary, said: “The European Movement UK branch network is growing across the country and especially in Hertfordshire. We are delighted to see such strong grassroots support for our campaign.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan