New Remainer campaign group set up for Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Local Remainers have got together to form a new Pro-EU campaign group.
Harpenden for Europe is a new branch of the European Movement UK and held its first meeting in the Royal British Legion Club last week.
Its goal is to secure another referendum on the Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May and David Davis.
Chair Richard Scott said: “We must always remember that over 60 per cent of people in Harpenden voted against Brexit. We are now offering the people some simple options to do something about it. We look forward to campaigning with the people of Harpenden to secure our country’s future.”
Campaigns director of the European Movement UK, James MacCleary, said: “The European Movement UK branch network is growing across the country and especially in Hertfordshire. We are delighted to see such strong grassroots support for our campaign.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital